cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 - HAL or Matlab Simulink? - Sensor data processing - ADC -> USB/Ethernet -> PC

FMech
Associate

Hello Community,

I am currently working on a project about "Digitization of sensor signals". The sensor signal is to be digitized with an ADC and passed on to the PC via an interface, e.g. USB or Ethernet. Ideally, the ADC works in continuous mode at 2 megasample/s and 12 bit. The amount of data that occurs during continuous digitization will probably only be manageable via Ethernet. Alternatively, discontinuous recording with 5ms recording each and a pause of 45ms.

Currently I use a Nucleo-F429ZI. Programming can be done via HAL or Matlab/Simulink. Matlab Simulink provides a suitable GUI for programming, among other things for Ethernet. However, the GUI is not available for all Nucleo boards. Unfortunately, the F429ZI is not supported.

I am currently considering how best to implement the project. I would like to process the digitized data afterwards also by Matlab. In this respect, it would make sense to carry out the programming in Simulink. For this I would also be willing to switch to another board.

I already have experience with Matlab, but less with programming in HAL. What would you advise me? Do you have any other tips?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"I already have experience with Matlab"

does that include writing embedded microcontroller code using Matlab?

Writing embedded microcontroller code using Matlab is a pretty niche area - you're probably going to have to go to the Matlab forums for help with that...

FMech
Associate

No, this only concerns programming with Matlab Simulink. You are right, it is rather a marginal topic. For this reason I use the classical programming with C language.

Thanks for your answer!