Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F3 Discovery next steps?

don23
Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2012 at 04:35

Hi,

I successfully setup IAR 6.5 and got the F3 Discovery Bd. demo working along with modifying the code to change the LED timing. I read through UM5170 User Manual. I'm looking for more examples to learn about the peripherals. So, I downloaded the AN4157 firmware examples. This includes brief descriptions of each peripheral but not the tutorials to work them.

I also found examples with, ''This example has been tested with STMicroelectronics STM32303C-EVAL (STM32F30x)  evaluation board and can be easily tailored to any other supported device and development board.'' However, it doesn't explain How to do this.

Since I'm new to ARM and 32F3, I would appreciate what next steps to learn this platform.

Thanks!

#stm32f3-iar #adc #discovery-board #:-discovery-board-stm32f3
53 REPLIES 53
hilwan
Associate II
Posted on November 25, 2013 at 15:57

Hi cilve;

I would like to store my data in memory when the computing is done and used the data for the next use.

I don't have the EEPROM memory on my STM32F3, can i use the flash as an EEPROM?

Thanks in advance for any help

Posted on November 25, 2013 at 17:05

Is that a design oversight, or you just don't want to attach one?

You could, however it is not designed for frequent, or multiple writing. Writing and Erasing Flash will cause the processor to stall quite significantly if you are also executing code from it.

ST has some EEPROM emulation examples, but they are not really designed for large structures.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on November 25, 2013 at 17:07

In theory yes, but most probably not.

See the datasheet for FLASH erase/program times, which is in the millisecond range. For a higher data rate, you can evaluate serial SRAM/NVSRAM.

Posted on November 25, 2013 at 17:28

Also please start a new thread if you have a new topic, this thread is already ridiculously long, and was hijacked once already. Additional posts here will be ignored.

You start new threads by clicking the ''NEW'' tab, you can refer to an old thread if it's even relevant by citing it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..