cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8T6 CAN communication using MCP2551 module

Charles_11
Associate

I am working in STM32F103C8T6, in that PA11/PA12- CAN RX/CAN TX pin connected with MCP2551's CTX and RTX.  using DB 9 connector i cannot able to see the CAN data using ST-LINK V2. Kindly help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You didn't mention if you have connected another node on the bus that will acknowledge STM32F103 frames. If not, and in Normal mode you can't neither transmit nor receive messages. CAN is not an SPI nor an UART to use it in stand alone except in Loopback mode.

MCP2551 transceiver needs to be supplied by 5V and tie Rs pin to the ground or at least over a resistor (refer to its datasheet)

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You didn't mention if you have connected another node on the bus that will acknowledge STM32F103 frames. If not, and in Normal mode you can't neither transmit nor receive messages. CAN is not an SPI nor an UART to use it in stand alone except in Loopback mode.

MCP2551 transceiver needs to be supplied by 5V and tie Rs pin to the ground or at least over a resistor (refer to its datasheet)

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.