cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F072RBT and others is No Stock Available

ДБулг.1
Associate

We cannot purchase microcontrollers. No distributors. Nowhere. When will the problem be solved?

12 REPLIES 12

Also it is perhaps important to understand that distributors frequently don't own the stock they are holding, the manufacturer typically gets paid when the stock gets bought/shipped to the end customer.

There's a lot of people who get very edgy when large amounts of unsold stock are hanging around, ie accountant, banks, stock-market analysts, etc.

The arbitrage guys on the other hand do pay for what they hold, but they do so because they are going to resell it of 2x, 3x or more of their costs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This week, I've seen a couple thousands of 'F042 appearing and leaving within hours, at Avnet's EMEA site. And I believe what appeared on the public "marketplace" were leftovers, Avnet surely fulfilled preexisting orders first.

What I wanted to say with this is, that there is a trickle coming down, but it's getting quickly bought out by folks who either speculate or desperately try to stockpile.

JW

Georgy Moshkin
Senior II

One way is to harvest chips from existing products:

1) Cover chip pins with some SnBi soldering paste to lower melting temperature of existing lead free paste.

2) Heat-up on heating table with good temperature control, extract chip and perform cleanup with low-temperature iron and desoldering wick.

p.s. I can offer pcb and firmware re-design for a different MCU series (h7,f4,f1,g0, etc.) , my e-mail is in profile.

Disappointed with crowdfunding projects? Make a lasting, meaningful impact as a Tech Sponsor instead: Visit TechSponsor.io to Start Your Journey!