cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer "Warning: The core is locked up"

scaffire
Associate II

Hi, 

When programming STM32F303VCT6 chips using STLINK-V3SET programmers via a jtag connection and STM32cubeProgrammer I get "Warning: The core is locked up" and the board doesn't operate normally. Here is the log output:

14:19:12 : UR connection mode is defined with the HWrst reset mode
14:19:12 : ST-LINK SN : 0039001E4D4B500E20373831
14:19:12 : ST-LINK FW : V3J8M3B5S1
14:19:12 : Board : STLINK-V3SET
14:19:12 : Voltage : 3.29V
14:19:12 : SWD freq : 8000 KHz
14:19:12 : Connect mode: Normal
14:19:12 : Reset mode : Software reset
14:19:12 : Device ID : 0x422
14:19:12 : Revision ID : Rev Y
14:19:12 : Debug in Low Power mode is not supported for this device.
14:19:13 : UPLOADING OPTION BYTES DATA ...
14:19:13 : Bank : 0x00
14:19:13 : Address : 0x1ffff800
14:19:13 : Size : 16 Bytes
14:19:13 : UPLOADING ...
14:19:13 : Size : 1024 Bytes
14:19:13 : Address : 0x8000000
14:19:13 : Read progress:
14:19:13 : Data read successfully
14:19:13 : Time elapsed during the read operation is: 00:00:00.003
14:19:30 : Memory Programming ...
14:19:30 : Opening and parsing file: 230209.bin
14:19:30 : File : 230209.bin
14:19:30 : Size : 100.54 KB
14:19:30 : Address : 0x08000000
14:19:30 : Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
14:19:30 : Erasing internal memory sectors [0 50]
14:19:31 : Download in Progress:
14:19:35 : File download complete
14:19:35 : Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:04.741
14:19:35 : Verifying ...
14:19:35 : Read progress:
14:19:35 : Download verified successfully
14:19:35 : RUNNING Program ...
14:19:35 : Address: : 0x08000000
14:19:35 : Warning: The core is locked up
14:19:35 : Start operation achieved successfully

Here's what I've tried so far

  1. Same thing happens with known good standard versions of this PCB, so not the PCB/MCU
  2. Updated STM32CubeProgrammer from V2.7.0 to V2.14.0, get the same error
  3. Swapped out USB cable and ports, nope
  4. Swapped out PSU to the PCB/MCU and confirmed the supply voltage, no issues here
  5. Swapped out STLINK to a brand new one, no change
  6. Restarted PC, Yeah, I did and no change.

What the heck else could the problem be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scaffire
Associate II

It's working now... I think the issue was the Google Drive desktop shared folder that the firmware file was in. I've had issues with it in the past, so I decided to download the file from the Google Drive web interface to my hard disk this morning and it worked, but now it also works from the Drive desktop folder. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @scaffire 

I think you should use this post.(change the RDP option byte value to 0xAA)

Best regards.

II

Hi Issamos,

RDP was already set to 0xAA, but I tried changing it to 0xBB, applying it, and switching back to AA, but no dice. Same issue. Also, I can't find PCROP as mentioned in that post. I could try that if you could point me in the right direction.

David Littell
Senior III

Just a guess but possibly try "Reset mode" set to "Hardware".

scaffire
Associate II

It's working now... I think the issue was the Google Drive desktop shared folder that the firmware file was in. I've had issues with it in the past, so I decided to download the file from the Google Drive web interface to my hard disk this morning and it worked, but now it also works from the Drive desktop folder.