cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32C011F6U6TR Boot Mode Selection Problem

ekremturanfirat
Associate

Hello, I will use STM32C011F6U6TR in a project.
Since I need to program with USART, I think I need to use the "boot from system memory" mode in BOOT mode, am I right?

As written on the datasheet, there are 3 modes. When switching between these modes on Bluepill boards, there are 2 BOOT pins and we were selecting the mode by setting these pins to 0 and 1.

There is 1 BOOT pin on this processor and it refers to something called "boot selector option bit". I don't understand what exactly is the boot selector pin and how to control it. The datasheet is also quite incomplete in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @ekremturanfirat, to the community!

If you want to programme via UART, the easiest way would actually be via the system memory.

Of the three modes listed in the data sheet, only two are generally of interest to the user:

• boot from User flash memory --> the normal start of your own programme
  • boot from System memory --> start of the integrated boot loader

The boot selector option bit is described together with the functionality of the boot loader in the application notes AN2606 and especially for the UART boot loader in AN3155.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @ekremturanfirat, to the community!

If you want to programme via UART, the easiest way would actually be via the system memory.

Of the three modes listed in the data sheet, only two are generally of interest to the user:

• boot from User flash memory --> the normal start of your own programme
  • boot from System memory --> start of the integrated boot loader

The boot selector option bit is described together with the functionality of the boot loader in the application notes AN2606 and especially for the UART boot loader in AN3155.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello sir, this answer helped me a lot.

Thank you for your help