Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3210E-EVAL and latest IAR EWARM 6.21 incompatible

hazelmchase
Associate II
Posted on October 07, 2011 at 10:45

Hello everyone,

I have been using IAR Embedded workbench on previous STM32 products with no problems, but the STM3210E-EVAL will not compile the demonstration programs from the website - I just get this error:

Error[Pe147]: declaration is incompatible with ''__interwork __softfp unsigned long  C:\Users\hazelc\a184\stm32 tft-lcd\Libraries\CMSIS\CM3\CoreSupport\core_cm3.h 1084

__get_PSP(void)'' (declared at line 52 of ''C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded  

Workbench 6.0\arm\inc\c\intrinsics.h'')

Any ideas on a quick fix? We have to decide on the CPU core for this project this wek, and we may have to go to another manufacturer - TI maybe?

Kind Regards, Hazel

4 REPLIES 4
hazelmchase
Associate II
Posted on October 07, 2011 at 12:14

?

hazelmchase
Associate II
Posted on October 07, 2011 at 12:15

fixed. fault in core_cm3.h

Posted on October 07, 2011 at 13:37

We have to decide on the CPU core for this project this wek, and we may have to go to another manufacturer - TI maybe?

Well good thing you discovered it was a problem with the tool chain and not the part. I'm not sure it's ST fault that IAR can't maintain compatibility across version releases of their compiler.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III
Posted on October 07, 2011 at 18:48

''IAR can't maintain compatibility across version releases of their compiler''

Neither can Keil:  the STM32 library that they ship is grossly out-of-date - so it won't work with any of the current ST examples!

:(