stevemelnikoff9
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2008 at 17:57

STM32 headers

16 REPLIES 16
jilisegiar
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:24

IAR also provides this feature(DDF files).

After entering in debug session, go to view-> registers then click on the register group.

lanchon
Associate III

@bobz,

THANKS, THAT'S GREAT!!!

now if only we had a license to use that...

(BTW, have you seen that all the new parts are there up to 512k/64k? 🙂 )

bob239955
Associate II

Actually - we do THANKYOU, JUST STICK TO THE TERMS:-). No doubt you'll want to explain them being as helpful as you are ;-). Yes there are a lot of those *.sim files for many variants - quite an undertaking. I am curious to know how they are derived.

Obviously the goodwill of people who bother to tell Raisonance of the specific errors in these files can go unnoticed by some but nevertheless help make it worth selling. There are plenty of opportunities to contribute to the newer stuff at the moment should one be so inclined.

lanchon
Associate III

hi lionel,

thanks for sharing the info, I would have thought ST gave you machine readable data...

I would very much like to build header files from the sim files (or even better, the from the sim source files on which you're working! 🙂 ). do you know what license covers these files?

thanks!

lmontgolf
Associate

Quote:

On 26-02-2008 at 12:14, Anonymous wrote:

bobz:

this hint (C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Sim\ARM\STM32F103RBT6.sim) is quite useful. But this file does not include all registers: e.g. TIM1_BDTR is missing!

Best regards

Ok, I am not familiar with this type of file. How is it useful?

What can one do with the ''.sim'' files for other developemnt environments? Is there a utility that can generate a header file?

lanchon
Associate III

> How is it useful?

> Is there a utility that can generate a header file?

it's useful in that you can make a utility that does precisely that.

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce you that we have released a new FW Library version 2.0.3 that adds and extends support for header files where a description of all registers and bit definitions are provided in a file called ''stm32f10x_map.h''. To download the Library please click

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/um0427.zip

Enjoy it ! and thank you for all you queries. ( Here attached as well)

Cheers,

STOne-32. 🙂

[ This message was edited by: STOne-32 on 24-09-2008 21:28 ]