cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 debugging issues.

ARai
Associate II

I have been using STM32L010K8T6 with a J link debugger. It has been working good for past month or so. But now whenever I use a breakpoint the system does not stop at that particular break point or sometimes does not reach the break point at all. I thought the issue might be with the Jlink debugger so I got a Nucleo-L010RB board and programmed it with a simple code to blink the LED. Even in this, the system either stops where theres no break point or does not stop at all.So my guess is there is some issue with STM32cubeIDE. What could be the issue?

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Sometimes this type of behavior can happen when you've set too many breakpoints. There is an error when starting but it's easy to miss. Clear *all* your breakpoints and try again.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ARai
Associate II

I have tried that , cleared all the breakpoints and have just one breakpoint. I am still facing the same issue.

ARai
Associate II

Perhaps use some better tools?

Keil has a free license for STM32 CM0(+) devices

A common problem is that CM0 code has significantly more instructions per C line of code, and optimization might distribute the code amongst that for other lines. Disable optimization, or use the disassembly view.

If you stop the debugger has it gone past the breakpoint, or just not got there?

Perhaps instrument your code in a way you can better understand flow and dynamics? Output via a serial port.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Eng.Kourosh
Associate II

hi guys

could you help me to fix this problem ?

i can programming my program with STM32 ST-LINK Utility and its worked but when i use Run OR Debug in stm32cubeide it does problem

my board is stm32f103c8t6 and my programmer is st-link v2