cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Blue pill Freertos

bdpak
Associate II

Hi,

I am planning to use STM32 bluepill board with Freertos. Hence trying to use Freertos API. I wanted to know how the CUBE IDE makes sure that API call to Freertos doesn't transform into an API call to Linux OS on which CUBE IDE is installed during compilation process.

Please guide.

with thanks,

B.Deepak Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bdpak wrote:

Linux OS system calls cannot be used in the CUBE IDE resulting in compilation error. Am I right?

Any calls to any stuff that's not within your Project will result in a compilation error.

EDIT:

Are you, perhaps, getting confused with Semihosting ... ?

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0471/i/semihosting/what-is-semihosting-?lang=en#:~:text=Semihosting%20is%20a%20mechanism%20that,%2C%20and%20disk%20I%2FO.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Why would it even do that?

The whole point of a cross-compiler is to generate code for the Target system - not for the "Host".

SofLit
ST Employee

As said by @Andrew Neil it's a cross compilation process meant for your target. Moreover FreeRTOS is not used by your system, why you have a doubt that the compiler would call APIs from Linux OS?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@SofLitthanks for your reply. Reason for raising such a question was to confirm that Linux OS system calls cannot be used in the CUBE IDE resulting in compilation error. Am I right?

The question is why there will be "Linux OS system calls could be used in the CUBE IDE" ?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@bdpak wrote:

Linux OS system calls cannot be used in the CUBE IDE resulting in compilation error. Am I right?

Any calls to any stuff that's not within your Project will result in a compilation error.

EDIT:

Are you, perhaps, getting confused with Semihosting ... ?

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0471/i/semihosting/what-is-semihosting-?lang=en#:~:text=Semihosting%20is%20a%20mechanism%20that,%2C%20and%20disk%20I%2FO.

Hi,

I was looking for something like this. I was getting errors on the compiling freertos api calls, so this made to look into chances of wherein IDE has somehow confused Freertos APIs with Linux OS system call APIs. From your example, I can arrive at a conclusion that IDE does have a reference to System calls of the OS on which it is installed.

You shall be remembered.

with thanks,

Deepak Kumar.B