STM32 Blue Pill boot jumper not working

GBamb.216
Associate II

Hello everyone!

Problem 1:

I bought 8 STM32 Blue Pill cards.

I can't program these cards.

The problem occurs on all boards.

When I set the BOOT jumper 0 to 1 and press the reset button the LED connected to the PC13 pin always flashes.

I have already programmed these cards and I have always programmed using an FTDI using TX on the PIN PA10 and RX on the PIN PA9.

I have the ST LINK V2 module and I can program the card.

I added the RST wire because boot 0 does not work.

I usually use the Arduino IDE environment and programming with the ST LINK V2 module the USART PA9/PA10 serial are not activated.

I use the tab support for the Arduino environment:

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32

I tried to connect the FTDI module to the serial port of the card and it does not receive any data.

I programmed the card with ST LINK V2 and FTDI to read values from the serial port but it does not work.

Is there a way to set the BOOT 0 jumper to programming mode?

The Blink always works for me and there is no way to block the execution of the program with BOOT 0 to 1.

Problem 2:

I have updated the firmware of the ST LINK module 

Name Firmware : V2J35S7

I downloaded it from the ST website

The Arduino build environment tells me that it is to be updated.

Is there a newer firmware? 

Or is it the latest version?

Has anyone had the same problem on THE STM32 Blue Pill cards?

Any answer is accepted !

I really need it :(

15 REPLIES 15
LBrin.1
Associate

I currently also have the same problem, was an solution ever gathered?

I solved the problem by programming the maple bootloader using an STLINK V2.

With this bootloader you can program the chips directly via usb changing boot1 jumper.

Do you have a link to any tutorial to do this for us who are just starting out with STM32? 🙂

Thank you Mr Google.

Now will you hold hands with me in prayer to the electronics gods that this works and my chips aren't fake trash? 🙂

Sbhad.1
Associate II

From the answers in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AwWy5y/my-stm32f103c8t6-wont-enter-programming-mode

i removed R3 and R4 and shorted them because both of these were 100k, whereas 10k is expected (checked other working BluePills).

And by pure magic it worked. All OK. Solved!!