cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code for external loaders of MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK

MMess.1
Associate III

Hi

I'm looking for the external loader source code of MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK.
We have planned to us the STM32U599 MCU with the MX25LM51245G with a slightly different Pin configuration. Could you provide me a link to the source code, so i can used it and adapt the pin configuration on our needs?

Best regards

8 REPLIES 8
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @MMess.1 ,

You can find source code of external loader (.stldr) for MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK in  STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK.stldr

Additionally, you can visit ST education material - How to create an external QSPI loader MOOC.
MOOC link is: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/learning/stm32-education/stm32-moocs/external_QSPI_load...
to create your own external loader. 

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @KDJEM.1 

Maybe i do not get you, but in the STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\ there are just the *.stldr binaries. I have some example source codes for other external loaders but not for the MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK.stldr

Can you provide me a link to the source code of the MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK.stldr?

I do not want to reimplement a own custom loader from scratch, where a similar one with just a different pin configuration is already available.

Best regards

Martin

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @MMess.1 ,

Only the MX25LM51245G_STM32U599J-DK.stldr binaries is available.

But, thanks to STM32CubeProgrammer software description you can create a new external memory loader.

For that, please follow the steps shared in UM2237 and precisely 2.3.3 Developing customized loaders for external memory section.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Enumerate the pin list needed

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Pretty sure you don't put the source code in there.. at least the public facing releases, no idea what you can see internally.

What's being requested is something that can be directly modified and built, easily. Along the lines of this repository

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader/tree/main/STM32U5x_boards/MX25LM51245G_STM32U575I-EVAL

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

We have planned to use this pin configuration for the external flash:

• PA1: OCTOSPIM_P1_DQS
  • PA2: OCTOSPIM_P1_NCS
  • PF0: OCTOSPIM_P2_IO0
  • PF1: OCTOSPIM_P2_IO1
  • PF2: OCTOSPIM_P2_IO2
  • PF6: OCTOSPIM_P1_IO3
  • PF7: OCTOSPIM_P1_IO2
  • PF8: OCTOSPIM_P1_IO0
  • PF9: OCTOSPIM_P1_IO1
  • PF10: OCTOSPIM_P1_CLK
  • PH8: OCTOSPIM_P2_IO3

edited: fixed pin config

workc
Associate

Can you guide me on how can I edit the existing scripts for my new program of Scholarship? I have hosted my program on the WordPress website.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @workc and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Could you please share more details about your issue. Also, I advise you to post a new question. This practice can increase your chances of getting expert answers.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar