cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software migration from STM32F207IGH (Cortex-M3) to STM32F427IIH6 (Cortex-M4)

S.Kamath
Associate II

STM32F207IGH used in the existing product. We see that we need more Flash & SRAM to include more software features. STM32F427II is having double the size of both Flash & SRAM. What is the process to migrate software to STM32F427II? Micrium RTOS used in the existing product. Is there any easy way to migrate software code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have no personal experience with such migration, but unless the RTOS or any other tool you are using gets into way, the migration should be very straighforward as the 'F407/'F427 are a direct update of the 'F207 - almost everything is identical or better.

I am aware of one notable exception, and that is the value of divider of VBAT measurement in ADC and also numbers of VBAT/VREF channels in ADC, but that is a minor issue.

JW

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have no personal experience with such migration, but unless the RTOS or any other tool you are using gets into way, the migration should be very straighforward as the 'F407/'F427 are a direct update of the 'F207 - almost everything is identical or better.

I am aware of one notable exception, and that is the value of divider of VBAT measurement in ADC and also numbers of VBAT/VREF channels in ADC, but that is a minor issue.

JW

Thanks JW, This helps!