cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single memory using

DCtech
Associate II

I need to use firmware update proccess on my stm32f446 MCU. I've boot code which is placed start address on the Flash Memory. When I start the boot code starting and If I send the firmware data under UART, I start to write new fw code to spesific address. It is working correctly but I've a some question about the keeping last firmware on my MCU.

I decide to use copy firmware to another address on the FLASH MEMORY if before updating process successfuly. So I decided to keep the last code on the another flash memory address on my MCU, against to experience any fault process on the future firmware update. But, this situation to cause flash memory restrict.

Is there any another method for the keep the last code safe on the memory ?( except dual bank method) Could I use the another memory places to keep this source code instead of the Flash Memory ? 

For example Can I use Block 1 SRAM to keep source code ?

[![enter image description here][1]][1]  

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/a5ghd.png

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

> Is there any another method for the keep the last code safe on the memory ?( except dual bank method) Could I use the another memory places to keep this source code instead of the Flash Memory ? 

What are you trying to protect from? If you want to protect against a power interrupt during the update process, you'll need to use dual bank mode and boot from the other bank after verifying the new image.

You can, of course, put your source code in SRAM or any other memory location that can fit it but that may not be very useful for you.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".