cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a headset to work with ADC & DAC ports of a Nucleo-F446RE board

Aztec_N
Associate

I am trying to figure out how to use the built-in ADC and DAC ports of my Nucleo-F446RE board. My end goal is to record and play a block of sound using the Hal-library. The setup is simple, I want to connect a built-in speaker and microphone of a headset to my board so that I can stream sound from one end to another. The application is useless, just getting started with audio devices and learn how to use the Hal-Library.

0693W00000UnEWnQAN.pngWith that said, I want to know if I can directly interface the headset pins to my Nucleo board, or I do need a specific circuit, perhaps an amplifier circuit, to do so without damaging any of my devices. It is worth to mention that I don’t have much experience with electronics, so if I do need a such circuitry, please recommend me a link or a part number of a ready to use breakout board that allows me to do so without the need to build it form a scratch. 

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, you need an amplifier, both for the headphones and for the microphone.

This is not an STM32-specific task and I don't think there are many users here ready to discuss beginner issues. You may want to go to a different forum, e.g. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/ .

JW

Sorry if my question was irrelevant, but I am new to this community, and this was my first post here. Just wanted a quick point to start with STM32 and its Hal Library. Thank you for your reply anyway!

Best,

AZ

MasterT
Senior III

Nucleo boards are not designed for audio application. But there are many ST evaluation boards that support audio, using specific IC - codec. You can even download schematics on the ST product page