cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDIO Clock Configuration on STM32F429I-DISC1

MAcha.1
Associate

Hi!

To give some background, I am trying to interface SDIO over the STM32F429I-DISC1 board by configuring the pinouts to enable SDIO 4-bit Wide Bus and then connecting it to a SDIO breakout board.

In the reference manual I checked the clock configuration for SDIO and the clock tree. What I understood is that the main PLL has two branches, out which one powers the USB, SDIO and Random Analog Generator blocks with a max frequency of 48 MHz.

After configuration, I expected to see some function call for SDIO peripheral clock initialization within the SystemClock_Config API in the main.c file. But I did not find it.

0693W00000YAm92QAD.png 

To cross-check, I checked out a project around STM32F412 Discovery Board. The SystemClock_Config API here had function call for Peripheral Clock configuration and initialization as shown below. When I checked its clock tree I found that SDIO clock has options for Sysclk or PLL48CLK source, and PLL48CLK had two options for its source as well.

0693W00000YAm3dQAD.png 

So, what I figured out from this is that in case of F412 since its SDIO clock has options for configuration, it has a peripheral clock config API call whereas in case of F429 since there are no config options, the clock source is already configured and initialized with PLL and can be directly enabled using the __HAL_RCC_SDIO_CLK_ENABLE () function. I want to ask that: Is my understanding correct? If not, please guide and suggest what is the way to configure SDIO clock source in STM32F429-DISC1.

Regards

0 REPLIES 0