cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding STM32F4 Micro Controller

AGond.2
Associate III

Hello Folk,

Am working on STM32f4 Micro-Controller,Earlier I Checked Micro Controller with St Utility there i Observed Flash Size and Revision Id of Micro Controller Not Showing (Unknown) so I Doubted on Fake Micro Controller, and i Went through the Micro Controller Replacement.

So After Coming from Replacement of Micro Controller i Again Check With St Utility and Observed that Now Flash Size Is Showing 2MB but Revision Id Still Showing unknown. So What Would be Possible Reason for that ??

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @AGond.2 ,

I made some tests with STM32F429I-Disco board using a ST-LINK Utility and I didn't find any issues as shown in the below figure.

KDJEM1_0-1692802523086.png

Could you please try the firmware update.

Note that, the ST-Link Utility (STSW-LINK004) is already NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs), please use the newer STM32CubeProgrammer instead.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TDK
Guru

Does it work in STM32CubeProgrammer? Could be the ST-link drivers don't support st-link utility anymore, or at least that part of it.

What debugger are you using? Is it genuine or counterfeit?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

ST-LINK Utilities have been deprecated for many years, might not be aware of newer mask-sets used at different fabs. Use STM32 Cube Programmer, or check DEVID 

STM32F42x Errata shows possible variants, and you could read this from the device with your own code. https://www.st.com/resource/en/errata_sheet/es0206-stm32f427437-and-stm32f429439-device-errata-stmicroelectronics.pdf

What also might be helpful is to know the top-side markings of the part you're talking about, so that could be cross-checked against expectations

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..