cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI problem, transmission function, TC always busy..

EMir.1
Associate II

Hello to everybody,

i create a project for STM32H745 to use Qspi.

At the moment i use the qspi with only 1 line of data (like normal spi), the idea was to extend then in dual.

I configure the peripheral like showed in the image. (config_Qspi)

Then i begin to write the code to execute a simple transmit in Indirect Write Mode:

0 byte instruction

1byte of address

1byte of data

No Altern.byte

No DDR

With address different of 0x00:

Using the HAL driver provided by ST i see that inside function of transmit the transmission fail because the flag of TC (trasmission complete stay low) for all the time. I increase the time but nothing.

With address equal of 0x00:

What is strange is that with address equal of 0x00, the transmission goes well and i see with Logic analizer the two bytes address+data.

I don't know what could be?

if is something of wrong in config of the address or something else.

Thanks for your answer.

bye Enal

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Why 0 byte instruction, 1 byte address? Are you trying to use the QSPI to drive a "simple" SPI device?

AFAIK this cannot work.

EMir.1
Associate II

Hi Pavel,

like explain in the post at the begin i would like to use qspi with 1 byte addres and 1 byte of data, with 1 line, like in the simple SPI, then use it with 2 line. (Dual)

There is the possibility to do this, in the manual about qspi part i not read something of different. Instruction field could be 0 byte.(skipped)

What is strange is that with address equal at 0x00 (address sended), the flag TC(transmission complete) not goes in stuck.

Thanks

Enal