cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI DDR

shanxing
Associate II

STM32F769I Disc:Is the function of stm32f769i dico's QSPI DDR normal?When I used the ddr mode, I could send data using 1line, but when I used 4line, the device was busy until the timeout error occurred, and the data could not be sent normally.However, when configured in sdr mode, data can be sent normally.

4 REPLIES 4

Tend to have to watch the bandwidth of the memory and the dummy cycle setting so the read buffers can pre-load

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I simply send the data, do not consider reading, with 4line ddr can not be sent。

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @shanxing and welcome to the community 🙂,

Please make sure that SSHIFT should be set to QSPI_SAMPLE_SHIFTING_NONE instead of QSPI_SAMPLE_SHIFTING_HALFCYCLE

Is the Timeout counter enable?

Could you please share your project?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello KDJEM.1:

First, I had set SSHIFT to QSPI_SAMPLE_SHIFTING_NONE  already.

Second,the timeout error is from QSPI HAL Lirary function "HAL_QSPI_Transmit(hqspi, pData, HAL_QPSI_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT_VALUE)", because of the device flag of BUSY is still setting even after sending all data,so occurring timeout error.

However,as long as the ddr mode is disabled(sCommand.DdrMode = QSPI_DDR_MODE_DISABLE),the above error will not occur.