cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Connecting P-NUCLEO-IHM03 | X-NUCLEO_IHM09M2 | STEVAL-IPM10B USB PORT FRIED

Giosys
Associate

1.) OK so 16 volts DC from power supply connected to J4 on the steval-ipm10b BOARD everything ok so far red led on steval-ipm10b turned on

2.) Motor WVU connected to J3 everything ok so far

3.) 168 volts DC connected to J1 problem (breaker trips)

4.) As soon as I plugged in the 168 volts to J1 on the steval-ipm10b BOARD The breaker tripped in the panel and USB port on the P-NUCLEO-IHM03 fried this was connected to X-NUCLEO_IHM09M2 expansion board plugged together in the correct orientation with USB port facing north CN7 on the left and CN10 on the right and the expansion board was connected to the steval-ipm10b via the 34 pin cable.

What is going on here somehow the 160volts may have back feed into the P-NUCLEO-IHM03 USB PORT ON THE BOARD. What has to be done so the high DC voltage on J! can be plugged into the steval-ipm10b BOARD while the P-NUCLEO-IHM03 and X-NUCLEO_IHM09M2 can be snapped together and plugged into my computer via usb to interface.

The only problem see has occurred with the P-NUCLEO-IHM03 port toast the other boards seem just fine a new P-NUCLEO-IHM03 has been purchased but I can not afford for this to continue to happen Please help.

Note* The ribbon cables connected to the (34 pin) header on the X-NUCLEO_IHM09M2 to the (34 pin) header on the STEVAL-IPM10B can only be aligned in one way. I don't think it possible to connect them incorrectly. Also please take note that I have ordered these boards together as separate items not as a kit. I am not sure if a kit is offered but the ribbon cable did not come with the boards when I received them. This is a standard typical ribbon cable and each wire should just be a 1 to 1 match for the pins they are connected to from each board. Please take note of the picture attached. Also Does the 20 volts Auxiliary supply need to be connected to the STEVAL-IPM10B board at J4 while interfacing with the computer via USB and with high voltage DC input present on the STEVAL-IPM10B board at J1 so a motor can be profiled using the motor profiler software.

0 REPLIES 0