cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to route ETR to a TIM1 channel

GHolc.1
Associate III

I have a product using a STM32H745ZIT that has an input signal connected to TIM1 ETR and in the normal case, an edge on the ETR using slave mode trigger results in a one pulse pwm output a set time later driven on TIM1 CH1 and TIM1 CH2.  A new use case came up where it is desirable to duplicate TIM1 ETR onto one of the TIM1 CH pins that duplicates both the edges and pulse length of the ETR signal with no time shift.

Looking over the reference manual it isn't obvious that I can do this, maybe using trigger out or break there is a way.  Is there anybody knowledgeable with the working of TIM1 and ETR that can suggest where to look?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you'd use a piece of wire..

The inputs to the TIM go through resynchronizers to get the signals in the right clock domain, consequently all the signals are going to be subject to a phase-shift (input vs output), based on the fastest sampling clock

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you'd use a piece of wire..

The inputs to the TIM go through resynchronizers to get the signals in the right clock domain, consequently all the signals are going to be subject to a phase-shift (input vs output), based on the fastest sampling clock

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GHolc.1
Associate III

Thanks for the reply, were going to update our design with an external MUX to choose where the signal goes.