cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO F446RE - TrueSTUDIO example projects

Örs
Associate

Hi,

I have purchased a NUCLEO - F446RE development board and I would like to start with some example projects...

The problems are the following:

1. I wanted to start based on the following document/ manual: "Getting started with STM32 Nucleo board software development tools" (UM1727). I did not find anything like "STM32_Nucleo_FW_VX.Y.Z" on st.com or anywhere else, but I finally find this: "STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0" under the Tools Software tab but,
  2. In the Projects folder if this zip file I expected to find sample projects for my Nucleo board, which I didn't find for F446RE but I think STM32446E-Nucleo, STM32F446ZE-Nucleo or one of the Nucleo examples would help me to start but then,
  3. I expected to find a project sample for the Atollic TrueSTUDIO IDE, as described in the getting started guide, but none of the examples has an option for the trueStudio IDE...

We are planing to work with STM32 MCUs in our future projects and as I read that: "On 12 December 2017 Atollic was acquired by STMicroelectronics to become a tools center to support STM32 development." I decided to use this IDE. Do I see this wrong? Are there other IDEs that are better supported?

The start with a new MCU and IDE is sometimes not easy so maybe I am missing something, could you give me a few tips how to get started?

Thank you in advance,

Örs

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Örs Erdelyi​ ,

Unfortunately, TrueSTUDIO projects are not provided for all demonstrations packages.

You can refer to the SW4STM32 projects for STM32446E-Nucleo board available in the CubeF4 package, which can be imported automatically to TrueSTUDIO projects: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.21.0\Projects\STM32446E-Nucleo.

Also, I recommend you to start with the STM32CubeMX tool allows to create a default ioc file for your specific NUCLEO-F446RE board, select the peripherals you want and generate an initialization code with the Atollic TrueSTUDIO IDE.

Here is a video: How to start a basic “Blink LED�? project from STM32CubeMX for ST/Atollic TrueSTUDIO® for STM32™ : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqUkFIeN6w

You can follow this manual UM0987 which help you to use the Atollic TrueSTUDIO® software development toolchain and provides you some guidelines to build and run the sample program.

Hope this helps you.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

As this is a recurrent question, and ST owns Atollic now, what is the time line to have support reinstated in the HAL/Cube libraries?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Örs
Associate

Also in our project I will need to use the class B libraries, but until now it has only: "Support of IAR™, Keil®, and GCC-based AC6 compilers". If I start a project now is it advised to use one of these compilers, or is it planned to be adapted also for TrueStudio??