cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Blinking Ld3 anymore

MFara.4
Associate III

I use STM32GO1291. when I was debugging I got an error (its picture attached in below ) also my LD3 is not blinking anymore. is microcontroller damaged or there is some other things wrong? why it isn't blinking anymore when I plug!

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

no blink -> damaged program or chip.

try:

debug configuration -> debuggger -> reset mode : hardware reset (+ connect under reset).

if no response,,,chip killer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @MFara.4​,

Thank you for posting 😉!

LED3 is a user led on the NUCLEO-G031K8 that blinks when the default demonstration (firmware loaded by default in the MCU flash memory) is executed (UM2591 page 6).

Since you have managed to debug your application for the first time, you have erased the default demonstration from flash memory and have loaded your own application (in which you're not blinking the led). Which is fine and doesn't indicate that the microcontroller is damaged.

As for the debugging issues, could you specify whether you are using PA13 or PA14 in your application?

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply!

sorry for simple question as I am beginner! how can I make it default again.

First you have to be able to load new firmware into the MCU. Can you connect under reset?

I suggest:

1- Downloading and installing STM32CubeProgrammer available under this link.

2- Trying to connect under reset

0693W00000WK6MVQA1.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

If you are able to connect, that means that the MCU isn't damaged and that your application is somehow preventing the debug access (by using PA13 or PA14 as GPIOs for example). You can then perform a full chip erase: 0693W00000WK6VhQAL.pngand download a led blink application. An example is located under:

STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_G0/Projects/NUCLEO-G031K8/Examples/GPIO/GPIO_IOToggle

If you can't connect, most probably the chip is damaged.

I hope you find this helpful.