cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newcomer questions~Why is there only NVIC with no definition?And where can I find the "user manual" about the Core-CM4 HAL function configure method?

ZeroOne
Associate III

As titled, with little definition, how do I configure the NVIC_Type struct ? Directly use the numbers that are difficult to maintain later? Or in fact they have official definitions, but they were hidden somewhere else ?0693W00000SvJi8QAF.pngAnd another question, where can I find the "user manual" about the Core-CM4 HAL function configure method? The HAL-user-manual only have the configuration method for stm32 peripherals. It doesn't have the configuration method for core-cm4 peripherals just like how to configure the NVIC peripheral.

3 REPLIES 3
Danish1
Lead II

You need to look at the “programming manual�? for information about the bits of your stm32 designed by ARM - the processor core, NVIC, systick.

I understand the frustration of having two documents, one written by ARM and the other by ST but it’s just something we have to live with. And don’t forget the data sheet as well.

Hope this helps,

Danish

Programming Manual, or ARM TRM.

IRQ allocations, per device model, should be in CMSIS compliant include files.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nikita91
Lead II

Most of the time you don't have to use direclly the c struct. Use the functions provided by the CMSIS file core_cmX.h, like:

NVIC_SetPriorityGrouping

NVIC_SetPriority

NVIC_SystemReset

NVIC_EnableIRQ

NVIC_DisableIRQ

etc