cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need support to program STM32U5 Option byte using IAR IDE

harisuvarna
Associate II

Hi,

I am developing embedded software using IAR IDE version 9.20 on STM32U5.  I would like to modify option byte to enable SRAM ECC while programming the device using IAR IDE. Request to share the thoughts.

Regards,

Hareesha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I contacted IAR technical support and got support to enable ECC using IAR Flash loader Macro. Default Flashloader MACRO needs to be modified to enable SRAM ECC. IAR projects settings need to be updated as follows to use updated flash loader  file

harisuvarna_0-1719931086081.png

Default flash loader is available in IAR installation location

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 9.0\arm\config\flashloader\ST

Regards,

Hareesha

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'd imagine this is a question IAR Support could more readily answer for you.

But, you can also program the controller from your OWN CODE.

You can check the current settings of the OPTION BYTES, and change them to reflect the mode of operation you specifically desire, irrespective of the tools or IDE you use.

Does your JTAG pod offer any application to set configurations? ie J-Link Commander or ST-LINK STM32 Cube Programmer CLI ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I did program the option byte using my code , however from production point of view it would be good if option bytes are programmed along with firmware as system needs to be reset upon option byte update. 

It is possible to update Option byte using STM32Cube programmer. However we use IAR IDE for software development, hence from ease of development perspective , it would be good if we have method to update option byte from IAR IDE. Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Hareesha  

I'm not sure a licensed install of IAR at each production test station is something that scales well.

Gang-Programming you might want to look at what protocols the System Loader offers

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi All,

I contacted IAR technical support and got support to enable ECC using IAR Flash loader Macro. Default Flashloader MACRO needs to be modified to enable SRAM ECC. IAR projects settings need to be updated as follows to use updated flash loader  file

harisuvarna_0-1719931086081.png

Default flash loader is available in IAR installation location

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 9.0\arm\config\flashloader\ST

Regards,

Hareesha