cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Nucleo STM32-H7A3ZI-Q and DCMI with OV5640 camera

CEarl.2
Associate II

I've been trying to connect to multiple OV5640 camera sensors from different brands and even STM32's official board B-CAMS-OMV on the STM32-H7A3ZI-Q nucleo board and have had no luck with it whatsoever. Does ST have any projects that are built off this board to interface with the OV5640 drivers that ST provides? The one that is provided with the STM32 b-u585I-IOT2a board works just fine and when comparing against the two projects the function calls are nearly identical except for the hardware initialization since the u585 uses GPDMA rather than DMA. Whenever my project is ran across the H7A board the DMA will always pull 0's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Cross linking for later reference  https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/issues-with-nucleo-stm32-h7a3zi-q-and-dcmi-with-ov5640-camera/td-p/691642

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Posting this on the Imaging section of the community page is problematic. The Imaging group is working hard to release our own Imagers which are July 1, 2024. (Search ST.com for 'Imager' and you will see a lot of stuff pop up.)

So, we are not going to help. 

Your only try is to post this on the STM32 page and get them to help. They did the initial work. 

- john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

Apologies, did not know this was posted in the wrong directory of the ST Community. Feel free to delete/close this discussion thread.

Yeah, let's just migrate this discussion to your other thread, cited above, that's under the more general STM32 forum.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..