cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE WITH DSI MIPI ADAPTIVE COMMAND MODE HP TRANSMISSION

JP.4
Associate

I am currently working with the STM32U5G9J-DK1 development kit interfacing with a Tianma-based display. I have successfully managed to update the display using adaptive command mode with DSI long and short write commands. However, I am encountering issues related to the refresh rate and switching modes:

1. Issue with Refresh Rate:
  • While updating the display using long write DSI commands, I observed that the refresh rate is significantly slow. To optimize this, I attempted to change to High-Performance (HP) mode after the initialization commands.
  1. Problem Switching to High-Performance Mode:
  • After the initialization commands and sending a pixel memory write command, I disabled the DSI long write command from low power to check if the display would operate in HP mode.
  • However, when I disable the low power (LP) mode for long write commands, the display shows nothing. The display only works if I enable LP mode for the long write.
  1. Configuration Details:
  • I am using FIFO while writing pixels in long write mode.
  • I have confirmed that the initialization sequence and command settings are correct, as they work in LP mode.
  • The issue arises when attempting to transition from LP mode to HP mode.

Request for Assistance:

Could you provide guidance on:

• Why the display does not work in HP mode after disabling LP mode for long write commands?
  • Are any additional settings or configurations required to enable proper HP mode operation?

Your assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

JAYA PRAKASH P

EMBEDDED MODULE LEAD

EMAIL: jayaprakash_p@aktisengineering .com

0 REPLIES 0