cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to debug and run a program on a Nucleo-g431kb if I don't have an st-link?

OBen .11
Associate

Hi, my tutor gave me a Nucleo-g431kb to practice with. I tried running a code on it with IDE-cube but the debugger alerted me that the st-link isn't connected. I don't have an ST link, but my tutor says that I don't need any.

I'll add that the red LED is flashing next to the port, which may suggest that a code is already running on it. Also, I'm very new to controllers so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

Features • Common features – STM32 microcontroller in 32-pin package – 1 user LED – 1 reset push-button – Board connectors: ◦ Arduino™ Nano V3 expansion connector ◦ Micro-AB USB connector for the ST-LINK – Flexible power-supply options: ST-LINK, USB VBUS or external sources – On-board ST-LINK debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, Virtual COM port and debug port

From datasheet Nucleo.

Connection for debug can be lost if pins is used by your code, or MCU is in low power mode and config not conect under reset or debug in low power mode disabled...

TDK
Guru

Possibly your USB cable is power-only. Use a different cable. Red blink means the computer has not recognized the chip, which will happen if the USB data signals between the two don't exist.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you very much, that indeed was the problem