cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a built-in microphone in the STM32F407?

luke514
Senior

This is the first time I have used an STM32F4 board.

In the Discovery kit with STM32F407VG MCU I see "one digital microphone", but I don't understand if it's already integrated in the board or I have to buy it separately.

If it is included, can you tell me in which manual I can find its specifications?

User manual? Reference manual? I'm searching but with no results.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
KnarfB
Principal III

It is a MP45DT02 on the board (U9), not in the chip. See UM1472 user manual and schematics mb997-f407vgt6-b02_schematic.pdf (revision code may vary).

hth

KnarfB

Thanks!

I have a couple of questions:

1) In the UM1472 (rev.7) user manual there's written that "Revision E-01" replaces the MP45DT02-M microphone (U9) with the IMP34DT05TR.

It is not clear to me which of these two microphones I have on board on my board.

2) I checked all the official documentation of the STM32F407-DISC1 but only found informations about the microphone in the application note AN3997 'Audio-playback-and-recording' which provides an example and the related library explained in AN3998 'PDM-audio-software-decoding'.

I will study these files but ask if you know of any other files/tutorials that explain the mic implementation step by step. 

1) the revision letter is in the top right corner of the board M997..

2) no, but I haven't done a deep search.

hth

KnarfB