cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it only me having problems with ST website?

dgiovanelli
Associate III

Hello,

I often have problems in using ST website. It is often slow or even unusable.

For example, today I'm trying to download the CubeMX library for the L0 platform and it failed 5 times, it worked (slowly) only after changing the internet connection to a 4g smartphone hotspot.

Please note that the internet connection of my organization is really fast, for instance I downloaded Android Studio (few GB) in less than a minute, while this morning it took more than 10 minutes for STM32CubeIDE (less than 1GB).

Therefore, is this a problem on my side or are the ST servers a bit overloaded?

13 REPLIES 13

Dear @FEkic​  can you provide me the URL of the page where the download was failing, so that I can look into it?

Yes, there are multiple methods and servers, and I think this has created much complexity.

Pretty broad pipes here, think I've seen 1-2 MBps sustained. One of the subsystems times out or chokes approaching 1GB, perhaps a caching system, or rules failure.

Bit-Torrents and restartable methods have be suggested previously, I think ST could save a lot of bandwidth costs if so much of it wasn't wasted.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Marciko
Associate

I have a different problem but simmilar.

The connection is failing. It looks like this: I start downloading, it gets to 500MB-800MB and the browser shows me "Error: Networking error". It could be on my side tho.... but I never had problems downloading! (Also percents don't show, but that's something else)

edit: At the start it's ~5MBps, but around that threshold it slows down to ~1MBps

edit 2: Just retrying got me to the end!

This is a FIVE year old thread. Open a new one.

https://community.st.com/t5/feedback-forum/bd-p/feedback-forum

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..