cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing STM32 MCU to micro-LED (µLED) display.

Vins
Senior

Hi Community,

I am working on Interfacing STM32 MCU to VGA LED display through SPI protocol.

Display Power Requirement.

1) Core Supply Provided : 1.2V, 1000mA. (required 200mA)

2) IO Supply : 2.5V, 1000mA. (required 200mA)

3) Cathode Supply : -2V, 200mA. (required 100mA)

The VGA LED display is consuming right amount of power but not turning on. What may be the reason?

By using company's provided hardware, Software-tool (GUI) I am able to turn-ON the display, getting the device id and do the operations. But using our customized hardware and company's provided drivers neither device is turned ON nor getting the device id.

Awaiting for suggestions and support.

Regards,

Vins.

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The display must certainly be controlled correctly via SPI. If you name the type of display and perhaps even better attach its data sheet, someone might be able to help you, because the current and voltage specifications are not sufficient.

Regards

/Peter​

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It would perhaps be easier to understand such issues if the make/model of display was provided, along with documentation, register tables, schematics for the company's board, your interpretation of that, and software examples that do actually successfully bring up the screen.

Right now could related to register settings, timings, external signalling/GPIO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..