cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C slew rate limiter

dliky2
Associate II

Hello everyone,

Is there a setting/command to limit the slew rate of I2C signals of a STM32F429ZI-Disco board? I know this feature is available on some Microchip micro-controllers.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Essentially, for each GPIO and thus also for the I2C pins, you can set the maximum output speed between Low/Medium/High/Very High, which has a direct influence on the slew rate.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Essentially, for each GPIO and thus also for the I2C pins, you can set the maximum output speed between Low/Medium/High/Very High, which has a direct influence on the slew rate.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes it does! Thank you Peter.

Presumably, this affects only the fall time - the rise time would be set by the pullup?

Correct.