cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C communication between 15 STM32F401RE Controller

Akash R
Associate II

Hi,

I am thinking to use stm32f401re microcontroller in my project, my Project application is such that I have lot of IO Lines(approx 700) so my controller is 64Pin controller and I may need approximately 15 controllers to capture all my IO Data, and to communicate between the controllers I am thinking to use I2C, but I dont know how to configure slave ID to each controller and communicate b/w boards(Basically I am thinking to have one Master controller and other controllers as slave). Or if there is a better solution than I2C that is also fine, But I need to communicate all the boards with 1 master

Thanks In Advance

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

I2C will work. There are many examples of I2C slaves in the CubeF4 firmware. Here is one of them:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/master/Projects/STM32446E-Nucleo/Examples/I2C/I2C_TwoBoards_ComPolling

Might want to start with the basics and get a single master/slave working first.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Akash R
Associate II

Thanks, I will try it out

MM..1
Chief II

Maybe special comment , but when your IO is high speed then I2C is maybe slow for your idea. And too at one time you can only manage one Master-Slave traffic.

S.Ma
Principal

Use spi if the bus length is less than a meter if the slaves can be put in dsisy chain mode. This will be similar to some cascaded high speed adc and dac like analog devices....