cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know how to configure RCC on my evaluation Board STM32L552E-EV.

DYann.1
Senior

I connect my I2C but when I connect an oscilloscope I have nothing on the clock signal. So probably I misconfigured my clock. Could you give me the information? Thanks in advance.

In this picture below I've a warning, do you know how to remove this warning please ?

0693W00000aI9LSQA0.pngThank you for your helps.

Regards

Yann DO

27 REPLIES 27
DYann.1
Senior

I'll try it tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

DYann.1
Senior

Hello,

I come back again, after having listened to your advice, I do not encounter any warnings or errors.

0693W00000aILo2QAG.png 0693W00000aILnnQAG.pngAfter, this step how can I check if my clock is running correctly on my evaluation board? For example, can I test the HAL delay function ?

I just to check this step before continuing to configure the I2C and then SAI.

Thank you for your helps

Regards

DYann.1
Senior

I also configure I2C and no warning and no errors.

0693W00000aILtbQAG.png

DYann.1
Senior

After configuring the RCC, I2C and SAI I still have an error at the I2C level

0693W00000aIMVfQAO.png 

0693W00000aIMVuQAO.pngSomething is wrong but I don't know where it could come from

Transmits in master mode an amount of data in blocking mode:

HAL_I2C_Master_Transmit(I2C_HandleTypeDef *hi2c, uint16_t DevAddress, uint8_t *pData, uint16_t Size,uint32_t Timeout)

• hi2c Pointer to a I2C_HandleTypeDef structure that contains the configuration information for the specified I2C.
  • DevAddress Target device address: The device 7 bits address value in datasheet must be shifted to the left before calling the interface
  • pData Pointer to data buffer
  • Size Amount of data to be sent
  • Timeout Timeout duration

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DYann.1
Senior

Hi,

All is correct after me. Do you have a working example for me to check the I2C communication ?

You can refer to the I2C WIKI : Getting started with I2C - stm32mcu

Also  you can refer to the CubeFW to find the I2C examples : STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.4.0\Projects\

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

DYann.1
Senior

Hi,

I know what i's I2C and how does it work. Someting tells me this is the evaluation board clock configuration. The I2C clock is a derivative of the main clock, that why in my previous message I would like to test the function Delay.

I'll see the example but after me it does not exist on this evaluation board, let me check this information.

DYann.1
Senior

That confirm my thoughts :

0693W00000aIN1hQAG.png

DYann.1
Senior

I can locate the error inside the function

0693W00000aINIiQAO.pngAnd the error is that this point

0693W00000aINKsQAO.pngI don't know the signification of this error. Do you have any idea ?