cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work on a MSI-notebook where memory integrity not working on Windows 11 due to the sttub30 driver (ST Microelectronics; version: 3.0.5.0; P/N: generic STM USBdriver). Can somebody provide me with an updated version of that driver file (STTub30.sys

HStri.1
Associate

24 REPLIES 24

> and now with the file missing, my computer hangs (with the msi logo over black screen)

What is suspicious to me that a normal USB device driver, deleted, prevents Windows from starting. Otherwise, you could just remove the driver package and enjoy.

It is not a filter or something like that.

Try to boot in safe mode. If Windows manages to start, remove the driver package as advised in the MS forum.

GCana.2
Associate

Is there any STM updates/files to fix this issue yet? I'm here looking for the same fix for my MSI laptop on windows 11. Thanks.

With all due respect. Your answer is far from being considered accurate.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjScLQAU.pngAll we need is an updated version of STTUB30.SYS (ST MICROELECTRONICS; VERSION: 3.0.5.0. Does it exist? In case it does, can you provide us a link to download the file?

Mucha appreciated.

As already mentioned, the driver is part of a package (DfuSE) for the development of STM32 devices, but has long been on NRND (Not Recommended for New Design). The driver should never have been used in a production system, which is why you must contact MSI to get a solution to the problem.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I gave a link to STSW-STM32080 months ago, contains 3.0.6.1 (3.0C)

As far as I'm aware that's the LAST release ST is/plans making on there tools.

I don't expect support beyond Win10 if Microsoft breaks/changes things, again..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is not a 3.0.6.1 driver but 3.0.5. Regards.

Appreciate the help here. Just wanted to show that customers are getting told by MSI that they are not to blame. This is an exchange I had with MSI. I still haven't installed the file that @Community member​ provided out of fear of making things worse but I probably will eventually since that seems like the only way to get windows memory integrity working.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjcxYQAQ.png

smoli.1
Associate III

Hello. As I wrote in another thread.

All you guys have to do (in case this file isn't associated with an oemxx.inf published name) is rename (and not delete) the driver from STTub30.sys to STSTub30.sys.old and you'll be able to activate Memory Integrity. In case it's associated with an oemxx.inf published name, delete it using the device manager.

Regards.

Isn't there a registry or computer management method of just tell​ing it not to load the driver??