cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work on a MSI-notebook where memory integrity not working on Windows 11 due to the sttub30 driver (ST Microelectronics; version: 3.0.5.0; P/N: generic STM USBdriver). Can somebody provide me with an updated version of that driver file (STTub30.sys).

smoli.1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smoli.1
Associate III

Thank you all. No longer necessary. Much easier than everything here exposed or in other threads related. Just rename (and not delete) the file adding an .old extension to the file. The issue is gone. Period. Time to be invested, less than a minute. Regards.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @smoli.1​, to the community!

First of all, I am very sorry that you are facing a problem that obviously MSI is responsible for.

This question has already been asked several times in the community, e.g. here or there.

Short version: remove this unnecessary driver, which MSI seems to have delivered by mistake. In addition, you are welcome to contact MSI to have the cause for the incorrect presence of the driver removed.

I would be very happy if you solved the problem, possibly have a feedback from MSI and post the result here or under the URLs mentioned above.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
smoli.1
Associate III

Hi there, thank you for your answer.

As I said on another thread, your proposal isn't accurate and doesn't work. In my case, oem77.inf is associated with an XBOX driver.

All we need is an updated version of STTUB30.SYS (ST MICROELECTRONICS; VERSION: 3.0.5.0. Does it exist? Can you provide us a link to download the file if it does?

Please, you should take into consideration that removing the file causes the computer hangs on restart. Regards.

Much appreciated.

As can already be found under the other threads, the driver is no longer updated, because at the time it was part of a software for the development of microcontrollers of the STM32 series (a tool called DfuSe), but has been on NRND (Nor Recommended for New Designs) for a long time. This driver should never have been integrated into a production system by MSI.

In this respect, you would have to contact MSI and ask them for a solution.

I'm incredibly sorry, but I really can't help you.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ok Peter. Thanks for your honesty.

Kindest regards,

As I explained on the other thread the enumeration for OEMxxxx.INF is machine dependent as Windows creates this from the .INF files it pulls from the servers, or the user presents for installations.

You're going to need to GREP the .INF files to find the equivalent one on YOUR system.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000023Z6wvSAC/i-work-on-a-msinotebook-where-memory-integrity-not-working-on-windows-11-due-to-the-sttub30-driver-st-microelectronics-version-3050-pn-generic-stm-usbdrivercan-somebody-provide-me-with-an-updated-version-of-that-driver-file-sttub30sys

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
smoli.1
Associate III

I have no idea about how to GREP the .INF files. In fact, I have no idea about its meaning.

GREP is a Classic UNIX tool for finding things within files. You might have or use a File Manager with similar capabilities

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grep

People like me, use tools like this, to find s**t on our systems..

https://www.ztree.com/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
smoli.1
Associate III

Thank you all. No longer necessary. Much easier than everything here exposed or in other threads related. Just rename (and not delete) the file adding an .old extension to the file. The issue is gone. Period. Time to be invested, less than a minute. Regards.