cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using a stm32g473 and a sim7600E-H, uart not working reliably.

TMich.1
Associate III

In my code i first setup the sim7600 using blocking mode and later switch to dma. But in blocking mode I'm having trouble receiving data over uart. Using a nucleo it sometimes works very reliably and other times doesn't work at all or it only receives the first letter. on my custom board i once was able to get at ok response but other times it was nothing or some random character. What could be the reason?

5 REPLIES 5
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Post your relevant code

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

sorry, here it is:

0693W00000aJ6ZGQA0.png0693W00000aJ6c8QAC.png0693W00000aJ6ZyQAK.png0693W00000aJ6btQAC.pngthat good enough? i can put in the entire code as well if that is better

Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello @TMich.1​,

Try to use the CubeFirmware USART with DMA example.

Mohamed Aymen

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

There is no way to know what you're doing in SIMTransmitSetup? Post your code as a Code Snippet.

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
TMich.1
Associate III

it ended up being a poor connection between chip and pcb, thank you for your help