cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have erased full chip memory in STM32F746NGH6 how to recover it? And it showing only white screen after that

SNC.1
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @SNC.1​, to the community!

Well, if you've deleted everything, everything is deleted. It's like an audio CD - if you take it out of the player and shred it, the player can no longer play the music. Accordingly, the MCU can't know what to do and how to control the display.

Is it your own board or a DISCOVERY?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SNC.1
Associate II

It's a DISCOVERY ​board which was given by my senior executive.

If there is any chance to recover the erased memory from STM32F746​, Because next I have to do vocoder project using this MCU.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ALuKB9SQN/stm32746gdiscovery-board-demonstrations-software-binary-file

Download the CubeF7 V1.14.0 package, the original demo firmware is in there.

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.14.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@Community member​ has provided you with the original software, but you would only need it to restore the original state. If you put a new program on it, the original software will be overwritten anyway.

In order to see something on the LCD, you would of course also have to program the LCD graphically in your own programme, e.g. using TouchGFX.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

This and related PM's, probably suggest confusion about why the screen isn't doing anything when there's no code to configure it, and the OP's concern that this is now broken.

I think the initial goal is to go back to something that does work, and illustrates that the board is not physically broken.

Getting something built and working independently seems like the next hurdle..