cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK not programming after forced update to version V2J34S7 from STM32Cube IDE

SLavi
Associate II

So just yesterday I programmed/reprogrammed my custom board that has a STM32F746NGH6 MCU just fine from STM32CubeIDE. Always have programmed without any issues on 5 custom boards I made. Today (02/09/2021) on trying to download the program with a slight GPIO modification in it, STM32CubeIDE gave me an Error;

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (6) ST-LINK firmware upgrade required.

Please upgrade the ST-LINK firmware.... (I have attached detailed pictures of what I got)

So I updated the firmware as was requested and my STLINK showed that it has updated to the latest version. The problem then started. I tried downloading my program and it started normally erasing sectors but then suddenly gave an error: (Pictures attached too)

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

load C:\\Users\\NTS\\STM32CubeIDE\\SmartHomeIoTConnected\\SmartHomeIoT_V1\\Debug\\SmartHomeIoT_V1.elf 

Error message from debugger back end:

Error finishing flash operation

load C:\\Users\\NTS\\STM32CubeIDE\\SmartHomeIoTConnected\\SmartHomeIoT_V1\\Debug\\SmartHomeIoT_V1.elf 

On the console it shows:

Error: failed to download Segment[1]

Error: failed to download the File

Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:25.628

Encountered Error when opening C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.1.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_1.1.0.201910081157\tools\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe

Error in STM32CubeProgrammer

Debugger connection lost.

Shutting down...

The ST LINK is original, and have been using it for 3 years now without any problem. So I tried all the hacks I know, tried disconnecting the ST LINK and reconnecting on another USB port, tried loading from STM32 Cube Programmer and ST LINK Utility, researched on all possible solutions in ST Community and none worked for me. I also tried with my 3 other custom boards I have that contain the same MCU and all give the same errors. From Cube Programmer and ST LINK I can fully erase the chip or independent sectors but programming is always giving an error with whichever working programs I try. I even tried updating ST LINK firmware from upgrade ST LINK app and ST LINK Utility to no avail.

It is very frustrating that CubeIDE forced me to upgrade my ST LINK and now its not working. I do not have a backup ST LINK that I can try and this problem has caused me a lot of wastage of precious project time.

Is there any possible solution that can make me recover my ST LINK and is there any chance the ST LINK errors can corrupt up the MCUs?0693W00000Dly7NQAR.jpg0693W00000Dly7IQAR.jpg0693W00000Dly78QAB.jpg0693W00000Dly5rQAB.jpg0693W00000Dly6oQAB.jpg0693W00000Dly6ZQAR.jpg0693W00000Dly6PQAR.jpg 

0 REPLIES 0