cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to use IDB05A1 BLE in low power mode with stm32f401re can any one know.

Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

That's absolutely right I am agree with you.

1)The file generated by X-cube-ble1 latest software pack is different than what ever file avilable in demo code.

2)it not necessary to use l4 series microcontroller. We can use any for the testing purpose. In software packages there should have F4 series low power example.

3) L4 series demo code that uses dma there should be one normal low power demo code for understanding of customer.

4) You know without lower lower BLE is not of any use there should be demo code available for any series microcontroller I know l4 is for low power but it's not necessary that customer have that board to test code. They may have different board.

5) I am expecting a demo code that works on STM32F4 series with latest X-cube-ble1 i.e 6.2.1 what ever it may be it should work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Regardless of the fact that the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 is already on NRND (not recommended for new design) - unfortunately there is no STM32F402.

Which target MCU did you mean?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

sorry its spelling mistake MCU STM32F401RE. I know that the  X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 is NRND (not recommended for new design)  but the software pack is same for other board that are active. I know that logic is same for other board also Just i want to know how to use low power mode in X-CUBE-BLE1/ X-CUBE-BLE2 using IDB05A1 module. i am looking for practical solution i have documents related to this.

At least in X-CUBE-BLE1 there is a project that uses the Low Power Mode:

Projects/NUCLEO-L476RG/Applications/Profiles_LowPower.

There LOW_POWER_ENABLED is defined in main.c, which later sets a variable low_power_enabled and, if necessary, executes SystemPower_Config().

However, this is tailored to the ultra-low power STM32 devices, here the STM32L476, while the STM32F402 is not an ultra-low power MCU.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

That's absolutely right I am agree with you.

1)The file generated by X-cube-ble1 latest software pack is different than what ever file avilable in demo code.

2)it not necessary to use l4 series microcontroller. We can use any for the testing purpose. In software packages there should have F4 series low power example.

3) L4 series demo code that uses dma there should be one normal low power demo code for understanding of customer.

4) You know without lower lower BLE is not of any use there should be demo code available for any series microcontroller I know l4 is for low power but it's not necessary that customer have that board to test code. They may have different board.

5) I am expecting a demo code that works on STM32F4 series with latest X-cube-ble1 i.e 6.2.1 what ever it may be it should work.

Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

@Peter BENSCH​  waiting for your reply.

Nikhil Gayke
Associate III

@Peter BENSCH​ waiting for your response