cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to adapt the "USART_Communication_TxRx_DMA USART Transmitter/Receiver example" to my custom hardware using a STM32F439ZIT6 processor.

svick.1
Associate II

I'm trying to get this example to work with my custom hardware. The TX works fine. I can't get the RX to work.

* This example was developed for the NUCLEO-F411RE board and my processor is an STM32F439ZIT6, not F411. Could this be the problem?

* I have traced the input RX signal all the way to the PA3 micro pin 37. The signal level and baud rate are both correct. I am using a terminal program to send the 'END' response, but the DMA1_Stream7_IRQHandler interrupt is never called.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

svick.1

What you've described above applies when you want to abort an ongoing DMA transfer, and then possibly continue. If I understand correctly, this is not what you want to achieve, as you seem to have already finished the transfer by reaching transfer complete interrupt.

Depending on whether this was already part of point 1 of Piranha's list, or the possibly preceding interrupt, you may need to clear the transfer-complete flag in the status register of DMA, too, before enabling DMA again.

JW