cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for an easily available MCU to do a simple analog readout through a 32position mux and CAN-Bus connection. With my very limited understanding I looked at the stm32f0 series. But some of them are hard to find. Is there a better option? Thanks

LSant.6
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
LSant.6
Associate II

Is the stm32f072 a good solution for this? i have seen it to be available on jlc

ST has multiple part designations and pin configurations.

There's certainly a subset of "STM32F072" that will support 1x CAN

Expect to use a crystal or oscillator to meet CAN timing specifications, along with a suitable transceiver.

Perhaps flesh out the rest of the design at a block/functional level.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

"easily available" isn't a thing currently. It's more like "get any dev board you can, figure out how to do what you need, find a processor that can be used".

The distributors have about 1% of ST's processor list available. Mostly in ball grid, bluetooth, and multi-core. If you want something simpler, they're not "easily available".

We've been told by our distributors to place orders for future delivery. If there are no orders, there is no production need, and no production.

Have looked at the STM32F072x8. It says on the datasheet that it has an internal crytal up to 32MHz. Do I need to add an external crystal or can it work with the internal one? This PCB will be conected to several clones and a "master"pcb which will send the collective information of all clones to an ecu. Can i also just place a good ecternal crystal on the "master"pcb and use the same clock over all boards? Sorry i have an unlimited ammount of questions...:)