cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read/write the file system of the flash

Victorheca01
Associate II

Hi, All

when I power on the U575 eval board, the file system of flash chip come out immediately on my computer as the attached  picture. My question is how to read/write the file system from MCU of U575 by firmware? Anyone has the experience or any document to show this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Victor

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

What you see as a file system is the so-called mass storage interface on USB, which as a virtual file system provides the connected host with any errors in a text file or can accept BIN or HEX files. This makes it easy to programme an EVAL, NUCLEO or DISCOVERY without having to use programming software.

This virtual file system, which is controlled by the included ST-LINK and not by the target, is otherwise not available to the user.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

What you see as a file system is the so-called mass storage interface on USB, which as a virtual file system provides the connected host with any errors in a text file or can accept BIN or HEX files. This makes it easy to programme an EVAL, NUCLEO or DISCOVERY without having to use programming software.

This virtual file system, which is controlled by the included ST-LINK and not by the target, is otherwise not available to the user.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.