cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface EMMC with STM32H743XIH ?

PyKe
Associate III

Hi all,

This is my first project trying to configure an EMMC memory with my stm32H743XIH MCU, and unfortunatly i didnt find any exemples of projects so i can understand how this works !

I'm facing two problems on my first try project :

1) Create project on cubeMX

• SDMMC ==> MMC 8bits Wide Bus
  • FatFS ==> Couldn't select it on cubeMX (i think only available with SD Cards)

2) I found no exemple of code to read/write from an emmc memory, all projects i found are with SD Cards.

I will appreciate any help from you guys 🙂

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H745I-DISCO\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_Shared_Device\Common\Src\mmc_diskio.c

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sorry not using the Cube stuff here, but there should be example code for the H745I-DISCO that will port.

PyKe
Associate III

Thank you for your answer !

Can you point me to a good project exemple for filesystem/eMMC please ?

PyKe
Associate III

is there any other way to work use file system with the eMMC without using cube ?

Not sure I understand the question, the HAL contains support for MMC, the FatFs middleware is usable everywhere, just need to tailor the DISKIO layer to the medium/driver. ST's made most of the interfaces in an orthogonal way, so most times you can do a search/replace for most of the API, and then do a bit of cleanup.

Materially very similar to the SD Card implementations. Depend how confortable you are with porting existing things as templates, or merging in the individual components.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H745I-DISCO\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_Shared_Device\Common\Src\mmc_diskio.c

Thank you very much I will work on this exemple code.

PyKe
Associate III

I understand better now thank you for the explaining !

I can't get you on Private Message, I am looking for a Demo of eMMC memory on a STM32F401RET6 (or closest family member)