cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install and run STM32CubeProgrammer on MacOS 13.4 Ventura?

mikew67
Associate II

MacOS has evolved out from under the STM32CubeProgrammer for Mac installation process again. This issue was dealt with for an earlier version of macOS. Looking at this earlier posting, I was able to install the Programmer app from the command line, but with two issues:

1. At the end of the installation process, I get an error message that the "jre" file couldn't be found.
  2. The installed app quits immediately without opening a window.

FYI, here's the version of JRE I have installed:

% java -version
openjdk version "20.0.1" 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-20.0.1+9 (build 20.0.1+9)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-20.0.1+9 (build 20.0.1+9, mixed mode, sharing)
% 

I presume the current installation procedure will involve some variant of the earlier CLI process. Recommendations?

TIA

Mike

1 REPLY 1
mikew67
Associate II

As a partial answer to my question, a useful hint can be found in the ReadMe file for the Cube MX app:

In case of error, try one of the following fixes: - $sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.8.1.app

For the current case, using the command line, go to the folder containing the Setup app and execute:

sudo xattr -cr SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.13.0.app

Then run the Setup... app. It will run OK, but complain that it can't install in the /Applications folder. The recommended alternative, my Users home folder, works, but is a rather strange place to put a macOS app. The app won't show up in Launchpad; you'll have to put a link to it somewhere handy that you can double-click on.

Recommendations:

1. Please correct the above procedure to meet your recommendations.
  2. Please update the installation process for all STM32 Cube tools for current macOS releases (Ventura and prior).
  3. Please add a ReadMe file for all of these installers with at least as much detail as the MX installer.

Thanks,

Mike