cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with STM32L452 SDMMC interface

Sid Price
Senior

I am trying to use the STM32L452RE Nucleo to research an interface to an eMMC device. I have generated a project for this using STM32CubeMX. The eMMC device I am using has its interface voltage connected to 3V3, however, when I look at the CLK output from the STM32L452 I see a high voltage of only approximately 1.7V after the SDMMC power is enabled.

Is there a getting started guide for this MCU SDMMC interface?

There does appear to be a way to tell the SDMMC to use the 3V3 interface voltage, how can this be done?

Thank you,

Sid

12 REPLIES 12

>>>  are you in the market for such?

Are you seeking payment?

One thing I found interesting in the linked thread was the requirement for pull-up resistors, this is the first I have read about this. Are they required for eMMC chips as well, that is what I am trying to interface with.

Documentation on the SDMMC peripheral and its application does seem sparse, it is after all supported in CubeMX but it seems odd there are no app notes, like the one for the H7 SDMMC.

Having worked the forums for a decade plus it has become clear goodwill doesn't pay the rent. ST provides no support or stipend, and seems disinterested. I'm a mass-storage guy, so its a line in the sand.

All reference designs have pull-ups (33-47K typ), and series resistors (27-33R typ), the latter being critical to stop ringing/reflections in short runs at high speeds, backing off the slew rate also helps as the capacitive load isn't that high. On the H7 I have used 4/8-bit DDR modes.

I don't use CubeMX/CubeIDE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amish.1
Associate II

I am facing the same problem. Please help me guys