cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable esim on B-L462E-CELL1 to use a physical sim?

AKara.11
Associate

I am using B-L462E-CELL1, but truphone does not provide services for LTE-M in my country. So I am trying to use a physical sim instead. How do I diasble the esim to send sms messages via the plastic sim card?

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Aryan Karawaleas​, to the community!

It should not be necessary to deactivate the eSIM. The UM2743 writes about this in section 9:

For flexibility, the Discovery board supports the dual SIM feature which allows switching between a plastic SIM card inserted in a SIM socket or the embedded SIM (eSIM) inside the LBAD0ZZ1SE module.

The SIM selection policy is controlled by the modem firmware running on LBAD0XX1SC and stored in its configuration files which can be modified via AT command. By default, the SIM selection policy is controlled by the software package provided by STMicroelectronics dedicated for this board and the user does not need to send explicitly an AT command.

[...]

CN2 is a micro-SIM (3FF) card slot that supports only the class‑C SIM card (1.8V). The modem firmware detects the presence of the SIM card and monitors in runtime SIM removal or insertion. By default, when a SIM card is inserted, it is used for cellular connectivity, otherwise, eSIM provides connectivity to cellular networks.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AKara.11
Associate

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes the sim card did get automatically did get selected, my problem was probably because I was not using a class c sim card

Well, class-C sim cards are mandatory, as their supply voltage and IO voltage of 1.8V are specified by the LTE modem (Murata LBAD0ZZ1SE).

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.