cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine what type of FIR filter is being used?

DeBoots
Associate

I am reviewing another person's program and need to know how the filters are operating for troubleshooting. Here are a few examples from the program I am looking at.

filter_arm_status = arm_fir_decimate_init_q15(&Sine_Filter, 31, 2, FIR_Coeff_Buffer, Sine_State_Buffer, input_buffer_size);

arm_fir_decimate_fast_q15(&Sine_Filter, Sine_Input_Ping_Buffer, Sine_Output_Ping_Buffer, input_buffer_size);

arm_fir_decimate_fast_q15(&Sine_Filter, Sine_Input_Pong_Buffer, Sine_Output_Pong_Buffer, input_buffer_size);

The information that I need is what kind of filter (lowpass, highpass, bandpass) as well as the window type (hamming, hanning, blackman-harris, flat-top)

Everything I have found thus far only documents the variables within each line of code included above. I am having issues determining the type of filter and window for the filter.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

The FIR coefficients would be in the FIR_Coeff_Buffer array and would dictate the parameters of the filter.

An FIR filter also doesn't really fit within the archetype one typically uses to describe a filter (order, low/high pass, cutoff).

http://t-filter.engineerjs.com/

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".