cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert .elf file to stldr manualy(without a command)?

FLuba.1
Associate III

Hi, i want to convert my generated .elf file to .stldr file. I need a stldr file for CubeMX programmer, so that i can use it to program my external flash memory(write,erase, read). I have seen in the video from ST about external loader, that the ST-employee had used the following command in stm32Cube IDE to convert elf file to .stldr file: cmd.exe /C copy/Y “${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.elf” “..\STM32L4P5_MX25L12833F.stldr”

Sadly, this command doesn't work on my case. It rather provokes errors when i compile. 

I use the following STM32CubeIDE:  STM32CubeIDE 1.11.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @FLuba.1 , 

To get .stdlr file, go to project properties 

• change the artifact extension to stdlr : 

Foued_KH_0-1694789470841.png

Hope it helps!
foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @FLuba.1 , 

To get .stdlr file, go to project properties 

• change the artifact extension to stdlr : 

Foued_KH_0-1694789470841.png

Hope it helps!
foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The error say WHAT exactly?

I think the command line needs to spaces, but a copy or rename operation should suffice depending on if the target file exists or not. You could use some file manager, or similar tool, to do this, or go to the directly in your command line (CMD.EXE) and do it manually. The Linker might also take a command line setting to define the output object, you could check documentation or man file

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This Error?   https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/generate-external-loader-stldr-problem-quot-cannot-find-the/td-p/590635

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..