cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I am new t STM32 platform and I want to learn more about registers of NUCLEO-F401RE board but i can't find an explicit datasheet for this purpose

AAzda.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S.Ma
Principal

Nucleo is a PCB board on which the microcontroller STM32F401 has been soldered onto it.

From the board user manual, you get the exact chip name (probably in QFP64 package version), then go to ST web site and find STM32F401 documents, programming manual for the core instruction sets, reference manual for the internal peripheral registers (SPI, ADC, DAC....), and datasheet for electrical and pinout info.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
S.Ma
Principal

Nucleo is a PCB board on which the microcontroller STM32F401 has been soldered onto it.

From the board user manual, you get the exact chip name (probably in QFP64 package version), then go to ST web site and find STM32F401 documents, programming manual for the core instruction sets, reference manual for the internal peripheral registers (SPI, ADC, DAC....), and datasheet for electrical and pinout info.

The Reference Manual describes the registers for the peripheral instances, and the base address for each instance.

It's not like an 8051, there's not a manual describing every single register individually.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AAzda.1
Associate

Thank you @S.Ma​, indeed Reference manual contains registers for what I need.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @AAzda.1​ & welcome to ST Community,

You can find the documentation related to the microcontroller at this link.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhfFzQAI.pngAlso, here you can find documentation related to the board.

Hope this helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.